Retail Data Consultant
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Antwerp / GhentProduct Delivery
Retail Data Consultant
Full Time | Belgium or Portugal
We’re seeking talented, passionate and pragmatic profiles that are obsessed with working with data and getting value out of it.
Daltix provides highly accurate and accessible data to companies active in the dynamic retail industry. We are obsessed about the quality of our data and we thrive on making it work for our customers so that they can make fact-based business decisions. We are proud to have a solid customer base of some of the largest European retailers such as Colruyt Group, GfK and Unilever. In the next couple of years, Daltix is focused on further fast growth which means our talent will have a significant impact on creation, development and execution of our product and brand. Daltix was founded in 2016 and has teams located in Belgium and Portugal.
Daltix is looking for a retail data consultant who wants to help deliver highly detailed & qualitative retail data to our customers whilst making sure that the setup is fit for purpose and delivers value to the client. You’ll be involved end-to-end, from helping to scope their needs to the sign off of your project. In doing so you’ll look for opportunities to improve the way we deliver our data as well as ways in which we can improve our offering.
Daltix has a retail data platform in place with the necessary tools and standardized data sets. You’ll be at the end of the value chain, which ensures that you can leverage the existing platform to quickly set up client environments and data feeds in order to create value for their business.
Our teams are looking forward to welcoming a pragmatic and ambitious consultant to our Product Delivery team. You will work together closely with your colleagues in Belgium and Portugal (both technical and business profiles) and -of course- our clients in order to help them easily consume our data and show them the value that it offers.
Your main responsibility will be to bring data to our expanding customer base in a sustainable and efficient way. In doing so we expect you to:
Set up data feeds and API connections for our customers, Help maintain the deployments for our existing customer base.
Identify ways to improve our product or way of working.
Translate customer needs into longer-term requirements for our development team.
Build demo data sets and visualizations to support our sales and presales efforts.
Keep in regular contact with customers you’re involved with: helping them with understanding technical requirements and data related queries
Help maintain our data quality by validating new product releases and data-feeds.
Train customers on using our tools and data.
Understand (or develop an understanding of) the FMCG retail business
Minimum 1 year of experience
Experience in SQL/Python/pandas to transform and deliver data (ETL).
Knowledge of (REST) APIs.
A strong analytical capability, understanding of how to extract valuable insights from large datasets.
A Master's degree or equivalent experience in Business Engineering, Computer Sciences/Engineering Degree
Excellent people skills and an interest in working with a diverse set of internal and customer stakeholders.
Fluency in English
While the primary focus is BeNeLux, open to travel to other EU countries if needed.
A customer-centric and solution-oriented mindset
Ideally, you will also:
Have experience in the FMCG retail market
Possess data visualization skills: Tableau / Looker
Understand data engineering and analytics technologies in order to be able to understand the customers’ context better.
What you can expect from Daltix:
- Daltix believes it is powered by its people: You will be joining a team geared up for growth, giving you the unique opportunity to help shape our future as a company. Your day at work will matter. You will join a very special team; nimble, talented, international and highly motivated.
- We believe in flexibility at work. You will have a lot of autonomy in deciding what tasks are important and where you choose to work to keep you inspired. We trust you know your schedule.
- Transparency is our superpower. It means our organization is flat and our culture is open and inclusive.
- We inject fun into work. Virtual or in-person random catch-ups and spontaneous after-work fun is as common as informative monthly company-wide meetings and organized team events.
- Developing yourself is an important cornerstone of our company. Together, we will find relevant training to help you stay ahead of your, and our, game.
- A highly competitive wage with benefits such as health insurance, group insurance and meal allowance.